My name is Sarah, the writer of Thoughtful Homemaking (formerly known as Sarah: Simply Me).
On this blog you will find info about:
- Essential Oils
- Healthy Tips
- and more
I started blogging because, with two young children in tow, it was a hobby that was easy to walk away from, clean up, and get right back into. I tried my hand at jewelry making, soon realizing little beads and two kids 2 and under didn’t mix well. Knitting is something I enjoy, but as it’s been SO long I never got back into it. I sold on ebay for a few months, then ran out of good things to sell. Blogging has been the first hobby that seems to stick.
As I began to blog, I really didn’t know what my “niche” was. For once I think I have an idea.. Homemaking and Motherhood! When I had our first born, I was not into the homemaking thing nor did I embrace motherhood. Slowly it’s taking a hold of me. Hence the tag line Becoming a Homemaker while Embracing Motherhood.
I am not an expert in the things I write about, but I speak from experience. I hope that from my experiences you learn something, be comforted you are not alone, or maybe just get a laugh. Motherhood is a crazy, and in that craziness there is complete joy.
For a bit more details about me personally:
I am a wife, mother to 4 children, and homemaker.
I was homeschooled all grades except 1st.
Served in the US Navy for 5 years.
I often find myself desiring to do so many different types of things, I never seem to actually master anything. As my mother would say, “You are a jack of all trades, master of none.” That’s me!
Don’t get me wrong, I am not procrastinating. Somehow I think my mind is just running so fast I get interested in many things at once. One minute photography is ALL I want to do, then the next it’s jewelry making. I still learn all of my interests in time, but never truly master one, as I jump around between them. Although one interest that sticks consistently, is researching. My mom thinks I’ve master this. 😉 I’m not sure about that, but I do enjoy researching ANYTHING I am currently interested in at the time.
I realized this year that I am probably considered a “crunchy mom”.. What a term! Has something to do with grape nuts? Who knows.. But here’s why I am one:
- I breastfeed our daughter, breastfed our middle child and currently breastfeeding our fourth.
- I was totally into cloth diapering. This one took a while to stick (started this one in 2013). Had to get into the groove of motherhood first. Once I got my groove on, it was time to venture into new and exciting things! Yes, this included cloth diapers! I’m not afraid of poop anymore. *wink*
- I like to baby-wear Honestly, I don’t understand all the concepts behind it, I really just “baby wore” my kids because it’s easier to shop without bulky baby carriers and strollers.
- I’m a natural gal. Yep I like to keep our foods and products we use as pure as I can get them. I also enjoy essential oils. This is not to say I am an “eco” person or anything, I just really don’t want junk in my body, or my family’s bodies either. I do use envirosax from time to time, because lets face it, those bags ROCK! Seriously though, being natural and healthy really is something I strive for.
- My oldest is being homeschooled. I do plan on homeschooling all 4 of them. Heck, since I was homeschooled and LOVED it, I figured I would give it a go as well. Not to mention I am picky about what goes into my kids brains. Young and impressionable you know. 😉
- I gave birth naturally (well almost) to all 4 kids. First ended with forceps (what a mess that one was!), second one was natural at the hospital, third and fourth at home.
I am a born again Christian. Jesus is the one who drives me. Without Him I am nothing, seriously. He changed my life and I have no idea where I would be without Him. I suspect dead or insane. Check out this Born Again post to understand what I am talking about.
To learn more about the little details that make me tick, check out these posts:
Thank you for stopping by!
Would love to hear from you. You can email me at