My name is Sarah, the writer of Sarah: Simply Me.
On this blog you will find info about:
- and more
I started blogging because, with two young children in tow, it was a hobby that was easy to walk away from, clean up, and get right back into. I tried my hand at jewelry making, soon realizing little beads and two kids 2 and under didn’t mix well. Knitting is something I enjoy, but as it’s been SO long I never got back into it. I sold on ebay for a few months, then ran out of good things to sell. Blogging has been the first hobby that seems to stick.
As I began to blog, I really didn’t know what my “niche” was. For once I think I have an idea.. Homemaking and Motherhood! When I had our first born, I was not into the homemaking thing nor did I embrace motherhood. Slowly it’s taking a hold of me. Hence the tag line Becoming a Homemaker while Embracing Motherhood.
I am not an expert in the things I write about, but I speak from experience. I hope that from my experiences you learn something, be comforted you are not alone, or maybe just get a laugh. Motherhood is a crazy, and in that craziness there is complete joy.
For a bit more details about me personally:
I am a wife, mother to 3 children, and homemaker.
I was homeschooled all grades except 1st.
Served in the US Navy for 5 years.
I often find myself desiring to do so many different types of things, I never seem to actually master anything. As my mother would say, “You are a jack of all trades, master of none.” That’s me!
Don’t get me wrong, I am not procrastinating. Somehow I think my mind is just running so fast I get interested in many things at once. One minute photography is ALL I want to do, then the next it’s jewelry making. I still learn all of my interests in time, but never truly master one, as I jump around between them. Although one interest that sticks consistently, is researching. My mom thinks I’ve master this. I’m not sure about that, but I do enjoy researching ANYTHING I am currently interested in at the time.
I realized this year that I am probably considered a “crunchy mom”.. What a term! Has something to do with grape nuts? Who knows.. But here’s why I am one:
- I breastfeed our daughter, and breastfed our middle child.
- I am totally into cloth diapering. This one took a while to stick (started this one in 2013). Had to get into the groove of motherhood first. Now that I’ve got my groove on, it’s time to venture into new and exciting things! Yes, this included cloth diapers! I’m not afraid of poop anymore. *wink*
- I like to babywear. Honestly, I don’t’ understand all the concepts behind it, I really just “baby wore” my kids because it’s easier to shop without bulky baby carriers and strollers.
- I’m a natural gal. Yep I like to keep our foods and products we use as pure as I can. This is not to say I am an “eco” person or anything, I just really don’t want junk in my body, or my family’s bodies either. I do use envirosax from time to time, because lets face it, those bags ROCK! Seriously though, being natural and healthy really is something I strive for.
- I’ll be homeschooling our children as well. Heck, since I was homeschooled and LOVED it, I figured I would give it a go as well. Not to mention I am picky about what goes into my kids brains. Young and impressionable you know.
- I gave birth naturally (well almost) to all 3 kids. First ended with forceps (what a mess that one was!), second one was natural at the hospital, and 3rd at home (best one!)
I am a born again Christian. Jesus is the one who drives me. Without Him I am nothing, seriously. He changed my life and I have no idea where I would be without Him. I suspect dead or insane. Check out this Born Again post to understand what I am talking about.
To learn more about the little details that make me tick, check out these posts:
Thank you for stopping by!
Would love to hear from you. You can email me at