I was doing dishes the other day, and thoughts about my life passed by me. Things like Marriage, and motherhood.
Do you ever get those thoughts like “WOW I am married! And to “that” guy over there!” as you look over at your husband.
I do that often. Sometimes I stand totally amazed I am married to him. Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you. It’s a wonderful thing. I love him more now then I did when I married him. Its just a funny thought to think I am actually married and almost for 8 years already!
We were best friends for a few years before I realized I was in love with him. So it’s amazing I am married to him when I think back how me met and all that.
Then there are thoughts of the kids. I was amazed and stood in awe that I had Jeremiah. ONE kid.. now I am embarking on 3! Sometimes I sit down and ponder that fact.
Three kids.. wow. I have met many bloggers that have 5 to 6. So three I suppose isn’t THAT much, but for me it’s walking into foreign ground. I only had my brother growing up.
I am excited and yet scared at the same time. This pregnancy has been going fast, so fast I haven’t really had time to think much about it. Soon she will be here..
Maybe I am in the 3 trimester nesting faze, but I feel as though I need to get on the ball. I have a few things I want to get done before she gets here.
I’ve got a list, and some WILL get done while others, well I think I’m almost dreaming.
1. Clothes storage place for the baby (a chest of drawers or something, realized we had nothing to put her clothes in!)
2. Get the bassinet ready to go.
3. Baby items found and set in a place to find for later. (Breast pump (all parts and plugs), blankets, toys etc)
4. Potty train Jeremiah before baby is born. haha I know, this one is DREAMING. If you have been following the blog a while, you might have thought we had reached success by now. But alas the boy is so not interested. Sure he KNOWS what it’s about, but just not motivated. Any advise you could give a desperate mother would be totally helpful! Any DVDs or fun ideas to motivate a child to WANT to pee/poop in the toilet?
5. Watch birthing and breastfeeding videos to get a refresher on birth and all that again.
6. Learn how to have a baby WITHOUT a midwife or anyone JUST in case this baby pops out before the midwife makes it. (My second was rather fast) and learn what to do to wait for her. This makes me laugh, and yet its a scary thought. It would make for an interesting memory though..
Just a few things to get done.. I am sure there are more, but making this list even now on here might be a good reference for me.
Ahh the joys of pregnancy and changes. Life is so interesting.